These quotes were taken from papers written by a class of 8-year-olds when they were asked “What is a Grandparent” and published anonymously. From the sounds of things, grandparents are doing a great job of enriching their grandchildren’s lives!
1. Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of their own. They like other people’s.
2. A grandfather is a man, and a grandmother is a lady!
3. Grandparents don’t have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn’t play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shops and give us money.
4. When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.
5. They show us and talk to us about the colors of the flowers and also why we shouldn’t step on ‘cracks.’
6. Usually grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes. They wear glasses and funny underwear.
7. They can take their teeth and gums out.
8. Grandparents don’t have to be smart.
9. They have to answer questions like ‘Why isn’t God married?’ and ‘How come dogs chase cats?’
10. When they read to us, they don’t skip. They don’t mind if we ask for the same story over again.
11. Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don’t have television because they are the only grownups who like to spend time with us.
12. They know we should have a snack time before bed time, and they say prayers with us and kiss us even when we’ve acted bad.
13. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but I don’t get to see him enough to get as smart as him.
14. It’s funny when they bend over; you hear gas leaks, and they blame their dog.
Kids sure tell it as it is! Share these funny kids’ quotes with your friends and family.